Gluten Free Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup (100g) panela or raw sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 200g dairy free milk (we use almond milk)
- 75g coconut oil (melted) + extra for greasing waffle iron
- Pre-heat a waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and vanilla until it forms stiff peaks or resembles whipped cream.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk, yolks and oil. Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix til combined. With a spatula, slowly fold in egg whites with the rest of the ingredients. The entire mix should be light and fluffy.
- Spray waffle iron and begin making waffles, following your waffle machine instructions.
We love simple combinations that were made to be together:
- Fresh Blueberries, Coconut Nectar & Coconut Yogurt
- Fresh Strawberries & Maple Syrup
- Banana, Honey & Natural Yogurt